Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rocket Shoot

I stopped at Hobby Lobby yesterday and purchased a rocket for the Rocket Shoot, which is next Saturday, the 17th.
Hobby Lobby has a great assortment, from little 3 & 4 inch rockets, to 18" and larger.
They come in kits that allow you to build your rocket, or a pre-made rocket that you can decorate and shoot right away.
I chose the pre-made rocket, 18" long, and shoots up to 600 feet in the air.
The kit I bought was $24.99, and came with the rocket, launch pad, two (2) jet packs and a chute.
I then bought an extra pack of jet packs, three (3) for $7.99
This will give us the chance to shoot off our rocket five (5) times.
I liked the one I got because it has these really cool rocket stickers, NASA, United States, and the little stickers that look like rocket parts, but the nose cone end, which is 6" long is blank, so we can use this area to decorate our rocket.
I figure since the 17th is Armed Forces Day, and since we are shooting off our rocket, we will go with a Marine Corp look, dedicated to Will's Papa.
Remember, they will have prizes for smallest, largest, best indian theme and best decoration. So get creative.
I hope everyone can make it to the rocket shoot.
Saturday, May 17th, from 12:30-2:00 in Midlothian, at the Midlothian Middle School.
http://www.dars.org/Midlothian.html

So, until then Ya Ta Hay
Chief Big Horse

No comments: